The best, most successful companies provide new, regular content for its websites that pulls in consumer interests. In fact, the top CEOs will often blog on a regular basis and bring their credibility to the website along with their expertise. Whether you run a large corporation or a small, one-person online business, blogging on a regular basis can really bring results.
It also pays to have your blog and website designed by the best which is where having an Ottawa web design company create the parameters of your online business really pays off. In addition to the advice they will give, here are twelve successful blog tips to help you start blogging like a pro in no time.
List Of Blogging Tips For Busy Bosses:
Topics: Take in the Big Picture
As the CEO of the company, you view your industry in the long term and not just the here and now. Because of this, you should blog about the larger picture in terms of your vision of the company, the trends and the industry in general.
1. Cite the Big Picture: Write content about leadership, companies’ values, and business strategies on topics related to your industry. You will see the bigger trends of the industry manifest themselves years in advance, so inform your readers about what may happen in the future.
2. Answer the Big Questions: Find big picture trends across various industries. Your views should be about the industry overall, so blog about the big questions it is facing and how your company will approach the upcoming challenges.
3. Demonstrate Your Position: Take a stand and show that you’re a figure of authority. Come out strong for or against a subject. Basically, take a stand on positions in the industry. This shows that you do have a conscious and that you place stock in your opinions which generates respect.
Don’t worry if your prospects or website visitors have heard it before. Even if they already heard the message, hearing it from you will raise their opinion of your company.
Credibility: Use Your CEO Title
4. Expand your Influence: As CEO, you can generate a considerable amount of press. So, use that ability by writing letters to the editor of newspapers and post them on your blog.
5. Get Interviewed: A good journalist loves to talk to CEOs of companies for comments on particular subjects that hold interest for their viewers or readers. Come out as a figure of authority so you can get your way through their doors.
Delegate Your Work
6. Use Experienced Marketers to Finish Out your Draft: If you are not a good writer, just send what you have to your marketing team and let them improve it.
7. Make the Best Use of Public Relations: Here, you can provide a short interview or post on a topic and they can create a good story that will be posted on your blog.
8. Use your Influence Wisely: Basically, leave voicemails and other messages to your marketing team of the ideas that you have and see how they can flesh them out. Don’t worry if every “t” is not crossed, just have the message you want get across.
Most of that can be outsourced to others at a very cheap price, we won’t mention the sources , but you can always contact us to find out more about those sources.
Be Very Simple & Direct.
9. Brevity is the Soul of Wit: Do not waste your words, get right to the point and explain why. A good short post is far better than a boring, long one.
10. Speak Clearly: Get rid of the jargon and speak to people as if they have no “insider” knowledge of your business which they probably do not.
Be an Influential Figure of Authority:
11. Generate Blog Topics Through Conversation: Quite often, reader responses contain good ideas for new topics so use them. It shows that you read what they say.
12. Explain your Decisions: If you have made a decision that affects the course of the company, explain it so that everyone understands why you did it.
Using these twelve blog tips you can really blog like the boss that you are. If you need more assistance, the Ottawa web design team will help you find alternatives that will work for your site.